I would love to get to know my friends better!
1. Your Middle Name:
3. Single or Taken:
4. Favorite Movie:
5. Favorite Song:
6. Favorite Band/Artist:
7. Dirty or Clean:
8. Tattoos and/or Piercings:
1. Do we know each other outside of Live Journal?
2. Whats your philosophy on life?
3. Would you have my back in a fight?
4. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest?
5. What is your favorite memory of us?
6. Would you give me a kidney?
7. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you:
8. Would you take care of me when I'm sick?
9. Can we get together and make a cake?
10. Have you heard any rumors of me lately?
11. Do you/have you talk(ed) crap about me?
12. Do you think I'm a good person?
13. Would you drive across country with me?
14. Do you think I'm attractive?
15. If you could change anything about me, would you?
16. What do you wear to sleep?
17. Would you come over for no reason just to hang out?
18. Would you go on a date with me if i asked you?
19. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together?
20. Will you post this so I can fill it out for you?
( And as tinylegacies did, so I only have to answer once... )
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate! I love hot chocolate winter or summer.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
He does stockings, but sometimes there are little extras around the stockings, which are always so overstuffed that they're resting on chairs or couches. This is all at my parents' house where we celebrate Christmas.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I'm not picky, but I have fallen quite in love with the more blue-y/pastely lights I've seen around this year. None in or on my house.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope, but my mom has a plastic one she hangs up in the house... actually, I think it's up all year, come to think of it.
5. When do you put up your decorations?
When my mom bugs me enough I pull out my ceramic tree. She sets stuff up sometime after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
My favorite is the dressing at Thanksgiving. I loves me some dressing. - Same as Caffeinified
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
My sisters and me sitting on the stairs writing out our thank you notes (before we opened presents) as we waited for the parents to get up so we could go down and open things.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I honestly don't remember. I do remember passionately arguing with someone for his reality, saying that there had been shredded carrot pieces on the rug and anyone who knew my mom would know there was NO WAY she would deliberately put food on the carpet, therefore, there must have been a visit from Santa and his reindeer.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
On occasion we do, but usually we wait for Christmas Day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Mom does most of it and whoever comes in to visit gets to put on some ornaments.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I love snow, but I absolutely DREAD driving it in. So... mixed feelings around Christmas based on how scared I'm going to be driving to and from my parents' house.
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to be able to - went through beginner's lessons as a kid.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I couldn't pick one.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Cranberry or raspberry pie. Which I usually have to make for myself if I want it, so I usually end up going without.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Everyone being together and laughing and joking.
17. What tops your tree?
I have a tiny ceramic tree with lights that my grandmother made. I have hung a tiny angel ornament around the top.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I like both, but I really do love watching people open what I got them.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Spiritual: Silent Night
Non-spiritual: "I Hate Christmas" by Oscar the Grouch
20. Candy Canes?
No. I always think if I get the other flavored ones I'll like them, but in reality I always end up cutting my tongue on them when they get sharp.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized?
It's up to you whether you pay attention to all the nonsense or not. I don't.
22. Real tree or artificial?
I do love a real tree, but don't have one in my house and my parents just went over to artificial for the handiness of them.
23. Do you put lights up on the outside of your house?
Nope. But my mom does around her house.
24. Do you do a Christmas Dinner or Supper and who cooks?
We do a Christmas Eve dinner after mass, a Christmas morning dinner with the nieces, and a Christmas dinner with the family. Mom does most of the cooking and my sisters and I help out.
25. Is your family the everyone unwraps gifts at once sort or do you do it one gift at a time as the others watch?
Someone passes out a round of presents - one to everyone and we all open them at once and ooh and aahh and then someone else passes out another round and so on till we're done. Though often we save some to open later so there have been times when we opened our last presents a week or so after the Day.
26. Do your pets share in the festivities?
My cat likes to 'help' me wrap. And when we had a dog at my parents' she'd come join us.
( Read more... )
I think that's... 53 I've read and 20 I've read at least part of. 73, that's a lot more than I thought!
Your result for What Your Taste in Art Says About You Test...
Balanced, Secure, and Realistic.
7 Impressionist, 5 Islamic, 5 Ukiyo-e, -9 Cubist, -4 Abstract and -10 Renaissance!
Impressionism is a movement in French painting, sometimes called optical realism because of its almost scientific interest in the actual visual experience and effect of light and movement on appearance of objects. Impressionist paintings are balanced, use colored shadows, use pure color, broken brushstrokes, thick paint, and scenes from everyday life or nature.
People that like Impressionist paintings may not alway be what is deemed socially acceptable. They tend to move on their own path without always worrying that it may be offensive to others. They value friendships but because they also value honesty tend to have a few really good friends. They do not, however, like people that are rude and do not appreciate the ideas of others. They are secure enough in themselves that they can listen to the ideas of other people without it affecting their own final decisions. The world for them is not black and white but more in shades of grey and muted colors. They like things to be aestically pleasing, not stark and sharp. There are many ways to view things, and the impresssionist personality views the world from many different aspects. They enjoy life and try to keep a realistic viewpoint of things, but are not very open to new experiences. If they are content in their live they will be more than likely pleased to keep things just the way they are.
You are The High Priestess
Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.
The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon however and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularily when it comes to your moods.
What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4-7 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest (unless it's too troublesome to reach and is really heavy. Then go back to step 1).
6. Tag five people.
While I hesitated, the woman inside gave me a cheery smile and walked up to the door, turning the deadbolt so she could open it. Her movements were surprisingly brisk and sprightly for a woman of her grandmotherly roundness and wrinkles.
"Hello, dear," she said. "I'm afraid we're closed today. "Did you need something?"
She was fae. I could smell it on her - earth and forest and magic with a touch of something burning, air and salt water.
That's from Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs.
Not tagging anyone, though. Please feel free to do it if you'd like though.
I actually for the first time in like forever had plans for New Year's Eve - and ones that didn't include performing. Sadly, we discovered yesterday that the show we were all going to uses a fog machine and since I'm highly allergic to it, I ended up having to give it a pass.
Still, I had a fun night of RPing and chatting with online friends, got Very Good News of the RP sort, my little local nieces called me just after midnight to wish me a happy and my 97 year old grandmother IMed me for the same. Plus, I got to watch Bill Cosby getting the Mark Twain award and laugh like a crazy person. (Noah. It's the Lord, Noah. ... Riiiiiiight....)
Anyway, here's a fun meme...
Sorry, Nic, no more singing, I guess.
My mother only wishes I would develop a fear of books!
Charmed on Sundays? Well, okay.
Teaching only 3 days a week? Do I still get paid for the whole week? I could deal with that!
My alias... well, I'd say more but then I'd have to kill you all.
Yes, I have no doubt I'll be buying more movies.
Your City is Buenos Aires
You are cultured, sophisticated, and quite old fashioned. You believe traditions are important, but you are still quite vibrant.
People don't know you well at all, and if they do, they totally misunderstand what you are all about.
You are more interesting and more intelligent than anyone gives you credit for. You are a bit of a hidden treasure.
You are creative, ambitious, beautiful, and fun. You may have a rough past, but you are always getting better.
No one. Well, my cat sometimes, but usually she sleeps at my feet.
Have you ever lied to get out of work?
I've said I was sicker than I was when I knew a day home in bed would keep me from being much sicker.
What kind of books do you read?
Anything - as anyone who's seen my book collection would tell you. Lately I've been way into urban fantasy, though.
What are some goals you like to achieve in the next ten year?
1. Find a way to share my knowledge about dealing with EH kids.
2. Do a kick ass job as Ouiser in Steel Magnolias this fall.
3. Buy a much tinier house - one level, one or two bedrooms - so it's easier on the RA and I won't need a roommate to make ends meet.
What's really creepy?
A horde of barking spiders swarming onto you. *shudders*
Who is your celebrity crush?
Jensen Ackles at the moment. I admit it.
What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
Supernatural, the Mercedes Thompson books, cheese nachos from La Carretta with jalapenos and their incredible fresh salsa
What song gets stuck in your head most often?
Lately, it's 'If I was a Blackbird' by Silly Wizard, sung by the amazing Andy M. Stewart. I'm humming it in my head now (and was before I read this question!)
What's your favourite food you eat over and over again and not get bored of?
Rice. Preferably from my mom's chicken and rice, but rice. Or the cheese nachos from La Carretta. With jalapenos and their incredible fresh salsa. I think I need to go there for lunch now.
What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Livejournal, Facebook, Interlude Thought of the Day
What was the last thing you bought?
Late dinner at Amigos Friday night - cheese enchiladas, rice, refried beans, and a Pepsi.
What talent (which you think you don't possess) do you wish to have?
I'd love to be able to play the guitar.
What super power would you like to have?
To become invisible
What is your zodiac sign?
Do you want to learn another language?
Yes, lots and lots!
5 things you can't live without.
Books, books, books, books, and did I mention books?
If you could meet anyone now, who would you meet?
Clint Eastwood (some of you know why and I'm always glad to share).
What's your dream job?
Total dream job? Professional actress (in the famous really highly paid category - hey, it's my dream job).
What are you looking forward to?
Right now I'm thinking... movie at 1:50, late lunch of cheese nachos at La Carretta after, and maybe using my 15% off coupon at Barnes and Noble...
Say something to the person who tagged you:
My llamas love you almost as much as I do.
Tagging - anyone who wants: Brad, Kim, Mylia, Jen, Suz???
Your result for The Social Persona Test (What kind of man/woman are you?)...
The Rarity (QTAF)
Quirky Traditional Alpha Female
You have an unusual and unbelievably precious combination of traits, especially in a woman. Not only are alpha females extremely rare, but traditional ones with nerdy/geeky interests are even more scarce. Unlike the other types, I can't give you a description because I'm not sure if you actually exists. I know this is not a compatibility test, but you are the girl of my dreams. Please, oh please message me! (Not to sound desperate or anything.)
You are more QUIRKY than NORMAL.
You are more TRADITIONAL than LIBERAL.
You are more DOMINANT than PASSIVE.
When picking a date, consider: Lord of the Misfits (QLAM), The Late Bloomer (QTAM), The Snowball's Chance in Hell (QTBM), or The Manga Geek (QLBM).
1. Bold the names of guys you'd definitely shag.
2. Italicize the names of guys you might shag after a little persuasion.
3. Leave the guys who don't do anything for you alone.
4. Put a question mark after the guys you've never heard of. ?
5. Strike the guys you wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole.
6. ADD FOUR OF YOUR OWN AT THE END.
Hint: If you can't remember a character and think you should, drop the character name into imdb search and take a look. :D
NOTE THAT THESE ARE THE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS, NOT THE ACTORS THEMSELVES...
( Read more... )